Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 pepperoni pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
½ of red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 cup fresh spinach, trimmed and chopped
½ teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and ground black pepper, as required
4 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and
both peppers for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until just
- Stir in oregano, salt and black pepper and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Place the chicken mixture into the middle of each butterflied chicken
- Fold each chicken breast over filling to make a little pocket and secure
- Arrange the chicken breasts onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm